In 1941, Eugene West, a prominent builder-developer in Richmond’s West End, bought a farm in western Henrico County with plans to turn it into a subdivision. World War II delayed construction until 1945. Soon, though, residential construction in the county experienced a boom, and by 1969, West had built approximately 109 homes in what it now known as Old Mooreland Farms. Developers built two more sections – Mooreland South and Mooreland West – in the 1980s and 1990s, and today the three sections are known as Mooreland Farms. Houses in the community feature large-scaled rooms, screened porches and windows that look out onto the neighborhood’s tranquil setting. The neighborhood’s proximity to Collegiate School makes it especially appealing to families.