TUCKAHOE TERRACE

Planning for Tuckahoe Terrace, a streetcar suburb near the western end of Cary Street Road, began in the late 1920s, and construction began shortly afterwards, as Colonial Revival began to dominate Richmond’s architecture. As a consequence, Colonial Revival is more pervasive in Tuckahoe Terrace than it is in the streetcar suburbs built slightly earlier near the corridor’s eastern end. The majority of the 146 houses in Tuckahoe Terrace, which runs north from Cary Street Road to Grove Avenue and west from Tuckahoe Boulevard to Seneca Road, were built by 1941.

Featured Listing

Tuckahoe Terrace Listings